Food Truck Events Near You that are a Must-See
Updated: 3 days ago
Food trucks have become increasingly popular over the years, offering a unique and diverse dining experience for people of all ages. Food truck events are a great way to try out different cuisines, discover new food trucks, and enjoy some great company with friends and family. In this article, we will explore some of the best food truck events and festivals to attend.
1. Smorgasburg - New York City, New York
Smorgasburg is the largest weekly open-air food market in America, held every weekend in Brooklyn, New York. With over 100 food vendors, visitors can sample a variety of cuisines, from burgers to tacos to sushi. Smorgasburg is also home to some unique food creations such as the Ramen Burger, which features a beef patty sandwiched between two fried ramen noodle "buns."
2. Food Truck Fridays - Indianapolis, Indiana
Food Truck Fridays is a popular event held every Friday during the summer in Indianapolis. This event features a rotating lineup of food trucks, offering everything from barbecue to vegan options. Visitors can enjoy live music and games while trying out some delicious food.
3. Off the Grid - San Francisco, California
Off the Grid is a roaming food truck event held in various locations around the San Francisco Bay Area. With over 50 food trucks, visitors can sample a variety of cuisines, from Mexican to Filipino to Korean. Off the Grid also features live music and other entertainment.
4. Food Truck Festivals of America - Multiple Locations
Food Truck Festivals of America is a series of events held in multiple locations across the United States. With over 30 food trucks at each event, visitors can try out a variety of cuisines while enjoying live music and other entertainment. Some popular festival locations include Boston, Houston, and Nashville.
5. Truckeroo - Washington D.C.
Truckeroo is a monthly food truck festival held in Washington D.C. This event features over 20 food trucks, offering a variety of cuisines, from pizza to crepes to Thai food. Truckeroo also features live music and games, making it a fun event for the whole family.
6. Street Food Cinema - Los Angeles, California
Street Food Cinema is a unique food truck event that combines food, film, and music. Visitors can enjoy a picnic-style dinner from some of the best food trucks in Los Angeles, while watching a classic film on a large outdoor screen. Street Food Cinema also features live music before the movie starts. 7. Sea Isle City Food Truck Fest
– held every mid or late summer in Sea Isle City, New Jersey. The event features amazing food, games, crafts, live music, and provides some of the most fun experiences you can have in the summer on the Jersey Shore.
8. Reno Food Truck Fridays
– held every Friday from June to August in Reno, Nevada. The event features over 40 trucks, beer, spirits, and wine trucks from local vendors, and a small rock climbing wall that kids love.
9. Tacos 'N Taps
– held in different cities across the country, this one-day festival features tacos and beer – a perfect combination.
10. Chicago Food Truck Festival
– held on the last weekend in June in Chicago, Illinois. The festival features a wide variety of food choices – everything from Mexican to pan-Asian to unexpected fusions. Every food truck that makes it to the festival is of high quality, and entrance is free but a ticket is required.
11. Columbus Food Truck Festival
– held every August in Columbus, Ohio. The city's annual food truck festival packs in a number of fun activities to complement the food, including live band concerts, a carousel, a bounce castle, and more. Families, in particular, love the event for its kid-friendly offerings.
12. Cape Cod Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival
– held the first weekend in August in East Falmouth, Massachusetts. The festival offers a selection of mouthwatering international, American, and fusion foods, and some of the country's best craft beers.
13. Interstate Food Truck Festival
– held every August in Boonsboro, Maryland. The festival centers mostly on BBQ, with a BBQ competition being one of its main events. Besides eating, the festival offers many fun activities, including karaoke, axe throwing, pony rides, and cornhole.
14. Food Trucks Tuesdays at Haulover Park
– held every Tuesday throughout the year in Miami, Florida. This event offers all kinds of Latin American and Caribbean food, as well as internationally inspired fare. Bring a beach chair to eat right on the sand or enjoy the grassy areas.
15. Food Truck Carnival
– held annually in May in Northglenn, Colorado. This three-day carnival features a wide range of food trucks, live music, and various activities.
16. LA Street Food Fest
– held annually in Los Angeles, California. This event is one of the largest street food festivals in the US, featuring over 100 food vendors. The festival also offers live music, a tequila garden, and plenty of beer and cocktails.
17. The Texas Food Truck Showdown - was introduced in 2015 by the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce as a state-wide food truck competition. It has since become one of Waco's most well-known events. Initially, the Chamber's special events team expected around 5,000 attendees and aimed to secure 20 food trucks to compete. However, the event exceeded expectations, with 35 food trucks from all over the state traveling to Waco to compete and serving over 15,000 attendees. Due to overwhelming community support and the City of Waco's backing, the Chamber decided to make The Texas Food Truck Showdown a permanent fixture. With each passing year, the event has grown in popularity, and it now welcomes up to 40 food trucks from across the country and over 25,000 attendees each March in downtown Waco. In conclusion, food truck events and festivals offer a unique and fun way to try out different cuisines and discover new food trucks. From weekly markets to roaming festivals, there are plenty of food truck events to attend. If you're a foodie looking for a great time, be sure to check out these top food truck events.